Did you know?
If you have a new baby or have a baby on the way, there are plenty of credits and benefits you may be entitled to receive.
- Automated Benefits Application – Save time and paperwork! When registering the birth of your newborn, you can also consent to use the Automated Benefits Application (ABA), which allows you to automatically apply for child tax benefits at the same time. If you consent to use the ABA on your child’s birth registration form, you will be applying for:
Explanations of these benefits are provided below.
- My Account – you can also apply to receive your Canada child and family benefits by using the Apply for child benefits servicethrough My Account or you can apply by downloading and mailing Form RC66, Canada Child Benefits Application to your tax centre.
- Canada child tax benefit (CCTB) – The CCTB is a tax-free monthly payment made to eligible families to help them with the cost of raising children under 18 years of age.
- Universal child care benefit (UCCB) – If you have children under 6 years of age, you may be eligible to receive $100 per month per child. You should apply for this as soon as possible after the birth of your child.
- Child disability benefit (CDB) – The CDB is a tax-free benefit for families who care for a child under age 18 who is eligible for thedisability tax credit.
For more information visit: http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/nwsrm/txtps/2014/tfsk02-eng.html?utm_source=getready&utm_medium=eml
To register your newborn
Newborn Registration Service
Welcome to ServiceOntario, Canada Revenue Agency and Service Canada’s joint Newborn Registration Service: the easiest way to register your baby’s birth and fastest way to apply for their birth certificate, Canada Child Benefits and Social Insurance Number all at the same time.
See the link to take advantage of this service: https://www.orgforms.gov.on.ca/IBR/start.do?lang=en